Along a dirt road, in the locality of Vitaleta, near San Quirico d’Orcia, there is a small but beautiful chapel. This is the late Renaissance stye sacred building of the Madonna di Vitaleta. Its first cadastral dating appears in 1590.
The facade is covered in Rapolano stone, a small rose window opens up above the architraved portal and a there is a noble coat of arms in the tympanum.
The lateral facades are covered in stone, as is the rear part of the building, from which a small bell gable with two adjoining round arch bell chambers can be seen. The statue of the Madonna attributed to Andrea della Robbia comes from this chapel and is now kept inside the Church of the Madonna di Vitaleta, which is located in the centre of San Quirico d’Orcia. The Chapel is one of the most evocative places in the Val d'Orcia and is known by photographers from all over the world. The eternal beauty of the surrounding landscape knows now seasons.