The guild of Judges, Lawyers and Notaries was mentioned for the first time in a document dated 1212. The first headquarters of the Guild of Judges, Lawyers and Notaries was in a crypt in the church of Santo Stefano alla Badia, and later on in the tower of Palazzo del Podestà. In 1304, the Judges, Lawyers and Notaries would meet in the church of San Procolo and then moved to this building, located between Via Pandolfini and Via del Proconsolo, a street that gets its name from the Priore dell'Arte.
Inside the palace, there is still a precious cycle of frescoes, considered a very reliable medieval "photograph" of the city. In the central part of the vault, there is the circular icon of the city of Florence; in the centre, there is a blue square in which there are four coats of arms of the city, one on each side: the Red Lily of the Municipality, the Eagle of the Guelph Party, the Red Cross on a White Background of the People and lastly a coat of arms divided into two parts - red and white, which Florence adopted after the conquest of Fiesole to indicate the union between the two cities. Among the four coats of arms, there are 16 gonfalon banners, four for each section, forming a first circle. A second circle is made up of the symbols of the twenty-one Florentine Guilds, each enclosed in a quatrefoil. In a fourth and last circle, the city walls and their outer moat are realistically depicted. Four gates with towers are painted, which are located on the cardinal points.
Not only do the frescoes reveal traces of medieval Florence, but they also conserve the oldest documented portraits of Dante and Boccaccio. The frescoes were created under the Consul of the Guild of Judges, Lawyers and Notaries, Domenico Silvestro, a poet and friend of Coluccio Salutati, a Notary.